Thursday, February 25, 2010

INSANITY!!!!

Last week Daniel and I started a new at home work-out called INSANITY. And let me tell you it is nuts! It is a 60 day at home total body make over. You work out 6 days a week. The first day was the Fitness Test. You have 1 minutes to do all the weird physical tests. You do squatting jumping jacks, spiderman type exercise for your abs, leg lifts....etc. I think it is a total of 12 different activities.

You start each work-out with a warm-up. The warm-ups are pretty intense. It is cardio heavy and you really break a sweat within the first couple of minutes. I almost got sick during the first warm up because it is so crazy. After the warm up is the fitness test. After each exercise you write down how many you were able to complete and you keep track of it, and compare how you did when you repeat it a few times throughout the 60 days.

We have done several different workouts now and they seem to get a "little" easier. They are still super intense, but slightly better.

Last night I was super hard on myself and wanted to give up. Daniel told me to keep going and kept encouraging me. I was getting really frustrated at the end of the work-out because I was tired and hot, my ankle was really hurting, and I wasn't seeing any results. Yes, I know it takes time, but I assumed that working-out as much as we have and sweating as much as we have that I would see some sort of results. The only thing I noticed was a slight change in my calves, and Daniel said my butt has more shape. I just hope all of this is worth it. Hopefully after these 60 days I will have a really great after picture to post so I can look rockin' on the beach this summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment