Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Holy blog-tastic!!!!

Well it has been about 12 years and 1.2 million 101 updates since I have posted anything!!! D and I just got back to Cali from visiting the wonderful world of Oklahoma…I am so happy to be home, but at the same time, I miss my Okies!!!!

So here go some 101 updates!!


First and foremost….*insert drum roll please*….we are now officially homeowners!!!!



AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! As of June 18th, 2010!!!! We drove home from OK, I packed Monday and moved Tuesday and I was back to work on Wednesday night and Thursday night, Friday AM I picked up my college roomie from the airport so we could enjoy a girls weekend, and yet again back to work on Monday, while D went back as soon as we got back to Cali…so needless to say it has been a rather busy few days already! But I will post pics soon of our house. It is rather messy as you can imagine, but as I get things settled I will get some posted!

I went to my first 101 concert and by the way things are going, I should be close to finishing up my goal of concerts this year! Friday June 4th, 2010, we went and saw Tim McGraw at the Cricket Wireless Ampitheater.


It was a great day for an evening concert. Lady Antabellum was their opening act and they did great too…but this is what I was really wanting to see...



Is that a great butt or what!?!? Lol….I kid, I kid. We had pretty decent seats too. I was really pleased with the set they did. We tried to see him again when we were home in OK at the Zoo Ampitheater, but they were sold out. D and I were really surprised when Tim came out and he was talking about his new song that had recently came out, and he refered to it as “Our new song” as in including his band the Dance Hall Doctors. We thought that was really cool that he includes his band in his success. I don’t think I have really heard any other artist refer to themselves and include the band. Super classy Tim, super classy!!!


June 14th, 2010...new restaurant

Nestie GTG at Iguana Grill in downtown OKC…definitely a no go. It wasn’t very good and it was absolutely freezing the entire time we were there. I also felt like we were being rushed, even though we told them repeatedly we would be there for a while. Now it WAS great catching up with my Nesties….how I have missed you guys! So many baby bumps and great gossip! Too bad the food wasn’t as good as the company.

June 1st, 2010...new recipe.

I got this from a Hungry Girl email. I can’t think of the name right off the top of my head, but it was something to the effect of nacho chicken, or something similar. It isn’t super WW friendly like the HG recipe calls for, but it isn’t too far off. Here are *most* of the ingredients.

*3 Chicken breasts, filleted and tenderized
*Bread crumbs (not in the original recipe)
*Shredded cheese
*Laughing Cow light cheese- 1 wedge
*Fat free refried beans- 1 cup
*Baked Tostitos Scoops chips- 3 per chicken
*Taco Sauce
*Ground red pepper, garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste


Mix the beans, and 2 cheeses together to form a yummy looking paste….


Then take the filleted chicken and add a scoop of the bean mixture on top in the middle and crumple 3 Tostitos on top.



Now here comes the tricky and messy part. I don’t have pics of this part because it was soo messy. You roll the chicken around the bean mixture securing with toothpics, making sure the beans don’t spill out too much. Then spoon taco sauce over, just enough to coat and place in bread crumbs with red pepper, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.



Roll in crumbs again to coat. Place in Pam coated pan, bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked through.



Viola….yummy chicken. Not exactly pretty, but yummy nonetheless!


“Before I Fall” by Lauren Oliver


I decided to read this book thanks to a recommendation by a fellow Nestie, Gingy. I am so glad I read it. It was a pretty easy read, but I really, really enjoyed it. This book is about a young teenage girl who has the thought in her head that it could never happen to her. We all had that ideation in our heads at that age, of course, but in her life she takes everything to the extreme.

Samantha “Sam” Kingston is young, beautiful, popular, amazing friends she would die for, and a boyfriend that every girl would kill for. But Sam is not the nicest of people. The last day of her life is on Cupid Day…a sort of Valentine’s Day. The premise of the day is to get as many roses as possible, and if you don’t get many or any at all, you are banded for life. That seems to be how things happen in the New England small town.

The day continues on and Sam and her best friends go to an underage drinking party in the country that evening. One of her friends decides to drink and drive and they crash. Sam dies, and she is able to describe what that moment when you die is like.

Then suddenly she wakes up in a cold sweat only to realize she has to repeat that day, again…and again….a total of 7 times. So it makes you think, what would you do on your last day if you could repeat it over and over again. Would you change anything? Would you skip school/work and spend time with your loved ones?

It really made me think. I know I wasn’t like Sam in high school, and I don’t think I was a “mean girl”, but it really made me second guess my high school experience and pray that I treated every one well.

I have also now kept up with my blog for 3 straight months on at least a weekly basis...bravo to me! That marks another off on the list. This last month has been really crazy, but I will try to keep up with posts like I did before!

So that is another book down…just a few more to go!!!!

1 comment: