Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vitameatvegamin...and fruit pizza...yum!

So I started taking a vitamin daily on May 26th, 2010. My 101 goal is to take them daily for 3 months straight. So 1 week down...11 more to go! Luckily I got some pretty tasty vitamins and nothing like Lucy took in her super famous episode featuring Vitameatavegamin...yuck!

Since I am no longer on BC and D and I aren't really doing anything to prevent a pregnancy, I grabbed a prenatal chewable vitamin. I have a horrible time trying to swallow pills, let alone a horse pill (also know as a prenatal vitamin), so the chewy ones are just perfect for me. They are just like little gummies and so delish! I don't think I will have a problem taking these daily!

Memorial Day, after D and I got home from Vegas, we went to a friend's' house for a BBQ. I was in charge of desert...no surprise there since I am the Queen of Baking. I had wanted to try something new and fresh since it was the start of summer. I had had this desert previously when others had made it, but I wasn't super sure how they did it. So I made up my own recipe.

Now, I don't have pictures of it, shame on me, but I was making this at a friend's house and I didn't want to look like the weirdo taking pics of my food. :D

So what I did was try to figure out a good base for my pizza. I had it before with a shortbread cookie type of crust, but I didn't have time to make a shortbread, so sugar cookie it was. I grabbed a roll of pre-made cookie dough from the store and let it soften to room temperature. Next for the 'sauce' I used cream cheese, some sugar and orange juice to taste. The OJ just made it a little creamier and easier to spread. Now, you don't want to add too much sugar because the fresh fruit adds so much sweetness to it.

Now, after the cookies is soft and mailable with your hands, I just placed it on a foil lined cookie sheet and flattened it out like a pizza crust. Bake it according to the package directions, which for me was about 13 minutes. It looked a little too toasted, but it was ok.

While the cookies was baking, I made the 'sauce' and sliced the toppings. I used fresh kiwi (peeled and sliced), raspberries, and strawberries (sliced). I let the cookie cool before topping with the sauce and fruit. I spread the sauce out not too thick, but enough to cover the whole top, almost all the way to the edge. Then I just arranged the fruit in a way I thought looked good, covering the whole top. Then I sprinkled some sugar on top of the fruit to get their juices going, then I put some fresh honey on top as well for an added sweetness, and viola! Done!! It was a huge hit too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment