Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's finally here!!!

So at the end of February I ordered a bag from this awesome little website. They take your dearly beloveds uniforms and turn them into purses or bags! Lord know I don't need any more bags, BUT I don't have any made out of D's uniforms so that was my out! ;D
It took them a little longer than they said it would...more like 8 weeks instead of 6, but oh well it is finally here. The website is called Hero on My Arm. They have some really adorable stuff! I ordered the Abigail bag in the largest size. I sent them D's DSUs that he work while deployed in Africa last year for 10 months. I got to pick out some super fun fabric to line the inside of it. We plan on getting his mom one and take it back with us when we go home this summer. We will do hers in his Woodland (traditional green camo) and then I will pick out another fabric for her. She is like me and just can't have enough bags. And she is so sentimental about D and being gone all the time, I am sure it will be a bundle of tears when we do give it to her.

It has 2 super huge pockets on the inside as well. I added a zipper top closure just to make sure it stays closed. I hate having my purse just fly open all the time. I also had a cute little patch put on for being a Navy wife. Yes I am cheesy and corny, but I don't care. D thought it was pretty cool. They also have some key chains that you can personalize. Again, I will get one to match my bag and we will get D's mom one to match the bag we make her.

It really is a huge bag and cannot wait to start using it! Not only are there 2 huge pockets inside, but there are 2 on the front, as shown above, and the same 2 on the back. All with double button closure to each pocket. Like I said I am so excited to finally have it, and I cannot wait to use it! I guess I will be carrying it tonight to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment