Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A book, some clothes, some extra "baggage" and the always dashing Robert Downey Jr...

Yet again it is time to update the 101!!!

I finished yet another book. The book had a pretty good story line. Good twists, turns, suspense, BUT I think it was too long. I am a huge fan of mystery/suspense novels and I can never quite say no to them. So when I saw this book in the store, Malice by Lisa Jackson, it sounded pretty good to me...courtesy of the author's website:

The scent is unmistakable—gardenias, sweet and delicate, the same perfume that his beautiful first wife, Jennifer, always wore. Opening his eyes in the hospital room where he's recovering from an accident, New Orleans detective Rick Bentz sees her standing in the doorway. Then Jennifer blows him a kiss and disappears. But it couldn't have been Jennifer. She died twelve years ago...

Once out of the hospital, Bentz begins to see Jennifer everywhere, haunting and taunting him, then vanishing without a trace. Could she still be alive? But it was Bentz who identified Jennifer's body after her horrible car wreck, and there had been no question in his mind that it was her crumpled form behind the wheel, her clothes, her wedding ring. He's never doubted it—until now. He can't tell his new wife, Olivia, about the sightings or his secret fear that he's losing his mind, even though he knows she suspects something is wrong. But Olivia is also hiding a secret...

When a copy of Jennifer's death certificate arrives in the mail, emblazoned with a red question mark, Bentz follows the postmark trail to Los Angeles, returning to the painful memories he's tried so hard to forget, and straight into a killer's web. Reconnecting with his former LAPD colleagues, Bentz begins to piece together Jennifer's last days, but each new discovery only serves as a chilling reminder of how little he really knew about his first wife. Then the murders begin, each victim a part of Jennifer's past, each grisly corpse pointing to Bentz as the prime suspect.

Someone's been waiting patiently, silently. Someone who knows exactly what happened that night twelve years ago and has been anticipating Bentz's every move. Soon it will be Bentz's turn to suffer for his sins. But he won't be the only one made to pay the ultimate price. For a diabolical killer has now made Olivia the prime target...


The book was just really drawn out. I felt like a lot of it could have been cut out and didn't add anything extra to the story line. But like I said....I am a sucker for a good mystery. So that is #7 of #11.

This past weekend D and I decided that before we move we yet again into our new house, we should get rid of some clothes we are never going to be able to wear again. Since D joined the military he has gained quite a bit of muscle mass especially in the upper chest and arms (yum....) so he is no longer a medium in any shirt. Especially with how small things tend to run these days. Also he got rid of a bunch of nice shirts that are too short, due to yet again his increase in muscle mass, but in his traps. I too cleaned out my closet and got rid of the vast majority of my "club" gear....you know the sparkly type tops you wear when you go out?? I was never much into clubs our going out much, but they were from when I worked at a clothing store and mini skirts, club shirts and stilettos were the main components of your wardrobe. I also got rid of some shirts that I don't feel comfortable being so short. Not that I have anything to hide, I just feel like being on the verge of 25 (ouch....that was hard to say) that I probably don't need to dress like that any more. I am trying to find some sort of consignment shop out here I can take it too because most of the stuff is in really good condition and would like to try and get a little off of it. If not, no big deal, I will just take it to the Good Will or something. So #80....done!

Well a few weeks ago I vent about my weight. I finally went in to my WW profile and re-figured my points. It dropped by about 7. I did that last week as well as checking and recalculating all my foods again to make sure I am eating the right amount of points. Well as of this morning I am down another 4 lbs. That puts me just a tenth of a point shy of my 10 pound mark. But you know what....I am gonna take it. I still have about 10lbs to go until my first goal but I would love to loose about 5 to 10 more on top of that.....#26, 10 down...10 maybe more to go!!!!!

Oh Robert Downey Jr....how handsome are you when you aren't having your mug shot splashed all over my TV. Now I must admit I did NOT see Iron Man...I know it's a shame and a damn good movie from what I have heard, but I did see Iron Man 2, and it was FABULOUS! There wasn't anything I didn't understand by the end of the movie. Although I will say that when he had that thing in his chest and was checking his "toxicity" level in his blood, that I was wondering about, but it was all made clear rather quickly. I thought maybe I missed something important from the first movie, but alas I did not. Like I said...great movie, over 2 hours long, but good. And if you stay until after the credits you get a preview to the next Iron Man, which I am going to guess comes out next summer. My advice...go see it! Chalk another one up to #37!

Well I think that is about it for now. I have been busy working, working, and working. We had our home inspection last week, appraisal tomorrow and we are shooting to close in the next 2 weeks. Super tight timeline, but I am hoping luck is on our side! We also are planning our trip home...YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two wonderful, amazing, hell-a hot summer days in Oklahoma! Lord spin this world a little faster so I can go home! I cannot wait to see my family and friends.

I am still working on the 5 baby blankets I have to finish before I come home and to top it off I decided to sew 3 little dresses, for 2 of my nieces and my goddaughter. I am going to get fabric for those dresses this weekend. I will post lots of pics once all of my stitching is done!!!


1 comment:

  1. Robert Downey Jr. rules! ;) By the way, the end of the credits isn't actually a preview of the next Iron Man. It's a lead-in to Thor, which does come out next year. :) All these movies (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America) are all lead-ins to the giant include-them-all movie, The Avengers.

    ReplyDelete