Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Date day??? Don't mind if I do!

Well D and I got to have a fabulous date day this past Sunday. It was great! He had to drive out to the desert to get some ammo issued for the SEAL student so he asked if I wanted to join in for the mini road trip and a movie date. I of course agreed!

I have wanted for a while to go to the base D works out while he is in the desert. But it is literally in the middle of nowhere. It was probably a good hour from the highway and about 45 minutes from any major town. It is north of El Centro, CA. I was able to visit D several weeks ago, but I only stayed at a hotel about 20 minutes from base instead.

After he issued the ammo and showed me around the base for a bit, we quickly drove back to the nearest movie theater, about 45 minutes away, so we could catch Robin Hood. It was pretty good. It wasn't what I expected, but I did like it. I assumed it was going to be the story line of him stealing from the Rich and giving to the poor, and it turns out that it is the back story to how he became Robin Hood. We snuggled through the movie and I just LOVE to snuggle! We shared some popcorn and a ginormous lemonade.

After the movie we headed back to the base to fill up on gas and check to see if the students needed anything else. After that, we hit the road and drove home. We stopped for dinner at a Subway not far from the highway and shared a delicious cappuccino. It was a great day though I will tell you that!! We don't really spend entire days like that together often, but I really enjoyed it.

Luckily D comes home tomorrow night and then we are headed to Vegas for a 4 day weekend...then home a week after that!! I am so excited to come home!

Get ready OK...Mr. and Mrs. H are coming home!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment