Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lots of updates!

So I have a TON of 101 updates right now....a lot has happened in the last week or so and I am just now having a minute or 2 to write them all out.

#2 on 101
First and foremost...we are FINALLY in escrow on our house. We got under contract Feb. 1st, but since it was a short sale with a double mortgage, it took a while for the banks to approve everything. So we are now finally moving on! We are going to try and close the Friday before Memorial Day since we are going to Vegas again. We want to be moved into the house before we come home which will be the second week of June because if we don't do it then, D goes OOT as soon as we come home from leave. Oh the joys of the Navy....but I am excited nonetheless. I cannot wait to get into our house. I am really excited and am ready to call a house, ours.

#6 and #37 on 101
This past weekend D and I had another date night. This date night knocks out 2 birds with one stone. Sunday we went and ran errands together around town and then ran to the mall. We have been trying to see Clash of the Titans for a while now and we finally got the chance that day. It was pretty good....the graphics were ok, but some of it you could tell was super fake. After the movie we came home, grilled some steak and sat and watched Dane Cook. It was a very nice date night. No phone calls, no video games and no one around but us...

#15 on 101
Saturday was a good friend of mine's bachelorette party. We got all dolled up and headed to a bar down by the beach. She was in a white dress and we were in black. It was a BLAST! We had table service at the bar, which consisted of us buying our own bottle of liquor and them giving us a table to sit and all the mixers we needed. We all got wasty-faced pretty quick. We left pretty early considering, but the bride to be was more than done. Luckily her FI came and picked us up at the bar in a cab and took us over to another friend's house so we could get in his truck. As soon as we go to the house, the bride, well had to be sick. I felt so bad for her. I sat next to her on the bathroom floor while she prayed to the porcelain gods wiping her face and putting a cool rag on her neck and forehead. We eventually made it back to her house and her FI then drove me home. It was such a blast and I can't wait to go to Vegas with them after their wedding!

#21 on 101
Well I tried my friend's baked ziti recipe several times in April because it was such a big hit with D. He just kept saying how good it was. I even made it WW friendly with whole wheat pasta, FF cream cheese, and ground turkey. I plan on making it again tonight for D. He is so excited!

#22 on 101
This week I am making 2 home cooked meals for D. He is gone so often it is hard to plan any meals. But last night I was able to make a cheesy chicken pasta and tonight I am making baked ziti. I just love cooking for him. He is just so appreciative of it. He will sit in the kitchen and watch me cook or do some dishes or clean for a bit while I cook. It is so nice acting like a real married couple I just want to pinch myself everyday because I just can't believe how happy I finally am.

#79 on 101
I know I have posted a couple of times about my best friend that I have out here, deploying soon. Well I am making her a blanket to take on the ship with her when she deploys in June. I am almost done with it. I have 2 more bundles of yarn and then I need to add the fringe to 2 of the 4 edges. So far it is so heavy...and warm which is just what I was going for....

I am sure I will have more updates shortly. I just bought a boat-load of new books from Amazon (thanks Gingy BTW for all the book rec's) and I can't wait to dig into them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment