Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Done with blankets!

Well I FINALLY finished some of the blankets that I had set in front of myself to finish before going home in 2 weeks!!

First off, I finished the blanket for my friend that is deploying next month. It was huge and purple and super snuggly warm! She was so excited to see it. She figured out I was making her a blanket, but she assumed that I was making a blanket like I make all my other blankets. But instead I crocheted it in yarn of her favorite color. It was roughly 5 foot by 5 foot. I made 4 tassels and attached to each corner.
I had originally planned to make tassels along 2 complete edges, but the stupid tassels were such a pain in the rear I quit after 4 and just attached them to each corner. She said she was probably going to take it with her on her ship when she deploys... :D
The next blanket I finished was for my friend's son, F. She was super excited to see it as well and said she was going to sleep with it tonight! Like I posted in my previous blanket post, F LOVES monkeys and bananas...so I had to put monkey fabric in his blanket.



These are the fabrics that I used....I did decide to change the ribbon to the yellow solid ribbon instead of the blue gingham. I just think that it looks much better this way...

So here is the finished product...you can see that each corner has a cute little ribbon tied and sewn into it!

So I have 4 more blankets to finish, as well as finishing the 3 toddler dresses I decided to make as well that I saw on another blog post. I also plan on making a cute little skirt for myself to wear in Vegas this weekend. I will post more pics as I get things done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment