Friday, May 7, 2010

Some people really rub me the wrong way....

Ok here goes...massive vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My father's wife drives me absolutely BANANAS!!! Like seriously...she married my dad about 10 months after my mom died. I was 10. Needless to say I was not thrilled. She had another daughter from a previous relationship and we got along pretty well (my step sister and I that is). They got married because she was pregnant. A huge no-no in my dad's family. So they played it off that my half sister was born 2 months early, when really she was born right on time. Sorry but a 2 months preemie isn't almost 7 pounds.

Any who, after they married we moved to Norman. Mommy Dearest was super strict. She had this super detailed list laid out for me and my step sister that we had to complete EVERY DAY. Like it was a whole legal sheet of paper long in TNR font size 10. Yea...all 7 days of the week. And to top it off she had to initial it every day or we would get in trouble. But I am just going to stop there because I just get so mad when I talk about it.

Now there is not a damn thing wrong with having your children do chores. But when you sit on your fat a$$ and watch them do everything, there is something wrong there. We were made to go out every weekend during the hot Oklahoma summers and weed, by hand, the huge flower beds that lined our yard. It was pretty rough. We literally cleaned the ENTIRE house, top to bottom every weekend. Including my dad and step mom's bathroom. Total eww...And my nickname from my best friend grow up was Cinderella because I was always cleaning our white tiled kitchen floor on my hand and knees with a wash cloth.

So when my sister and I lived at home we were basically the slaves of the house. Even after my sister and I started working and being involved more with friends and whatnot we still had our "list" to do everyday. If I wanted to go do anything with D I had to ask my step mom permission. Not my dad, but my step mom. Really?? Not fair...

I finally moved out my freshman year of college into the dorms. I was 17 and finally on my own. I joined a sorority and did all things related to that. My dad and I had never been close after my mom died, but when I moved out we finally did get closer. I think pat of it was that he saw me as an adult and no longer a little girl he had to raise. He gave me money whenever I was short. Took care of my car when it was messed up. Gave me any thing I needed that revolved around sorority stuff, college, food, whatever. Even on occasion he would meet me before my morning class before he would go to work to eat breakfast with me at the cafeteria next to Couch at OU. Dad's day was awesome too. We had a great time and I was Daddy's Little Girl again.

Then Mom's day rolled around in the spring. I was trying to be adult and invited my step mom. We had fun. We did some fundraising for our philanthropy (which was breast cancer research and the Susan G. Komen Foundation-keep that in the back of your mind). Had a blast, went shopping, had lunch, etc.

Well everything fell apart that summer when I moved home. Too much to go into on a public blog, but it ruined my relationship with my dad, which is what upsets me more than anything. Looking back at my freshman year of college, and thinking about all the good times my dad and I had and all he was doing for me, just felt like a bribe hoping I wouldn't find out about what he had done behind my back.

So fast forward to the last couple of years. Step mom and dad are both on FB. I accepted step mom's request but not dad's. She is always posting crap about being a breast cancer survivor and whatnot. Excuse me??? Did I miss something? Never once when I was in my sorority did she mention anything about having breast cancer. Never once...and I would think that she would have since that was what we were raising money for. I even volunteered for the Race for the Cure my freshman year of college and she never did/said anything.

It absolutely drives me bonkers that she does this because I know it is a damn lie. And I have proof. When I had to come home in December for my grandpa's funeral, I was talking with my Aunt about it and she told me that my step mom admitted to never having cancer. But that she had found a few non cancerous cysts 20 plus years ago when step sister was young. Nothing since then. But unless the status for breast cancer has changed then, non cancerous cysts do not = cancer.

She is always posting crap about being a survivor and gets tons of sympathy from her friends on FB. It just infuriates me to no end. I am very convinced (with almost 95% certainty) that she has Munchhausen Syndrome as well as Munchhausen's Syndrome by Proxy towards my half sister (but we won't go there now...that is a whole other story). I really really hate people who act like that and try to lie and draw attention to themselves.

I just don't get it. Step mom didn't act like that when I lived in the house and I just wonder what in the H happened after I left. My dad has also gone off the deep end and it just breaks my heart. He used to be a good man. Not perfect by any means, but he was good to me when I was very young. I just miss so much of my childhood and all the memories I should have, and instead I think about scrubbing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees and my step sister vacuuming every room in the house.

Well I guess that is the end of my vent. I just had to get this of my chest because my FB feed is almost always covered with her crap about being a survivor of breast cancer and today was just it. Thanks for reading the whole thing if you did... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment