Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dijon Chicken Club Sandwich!

Well, it is time for a new recipe! And time for me to make a few homemade meals for D this week.

D is finally going to be home for a while. He gets 5 weeks "off" meaning he gets to be home for 5 weeks working at Coronado, instead of coming and going every couple of days to the desert. So we finally get to eat meals together like a normal couple. I am working nights this week so really this is a great week for me to cook dinner for him.

There is a really great blog, Homemade by Holman, that I have begun to follow and it is full of yummy food ideas! She has such a variety of things to try....dinner, desert, side dishes....the whole thing. So last night I made Dijon Chicken Club Sandwhiches. Huge...hit...gonna have to do those again!!

So here we go....sandwiches for 2! There is a recipe on there for her version of dijon chicken, but I just did it my way in a pan on the stove top since D couldn't get the charcoal to light on the grill. I just took my chicken breasts and put a coat of dijon mustard and the spices I wanted to use. I made 3 pieces of chicken because they were pretty small and D said he was starving....
Then I cooked them on the stove top. Meanwhile I gathered the rest of my ingredients:
4 pieces of whole wheat bread
Butter to put on the bread
2 pieces of mozzarella cheese
Bacon
Dijon Mustard





First step...get your bread buttered on one side....and get your griddle (or pan) hot.

After your bread is buttered, put about 1 tbs Dijon mustard on one side of your bread. Of course you could do more if you like. I did a double dose of Dijon on D's sandwich because he loves mustard!!

Next slice your chicken up into smaller bite sized pieces and lay them on the bread. Again, how ever much you want. But I only put about 1 chicken breast on mine.

Now the bacon...I used the pre-cooked stuff because I don't like greasy bacon at all. It doesn't seem near as greasy when you use this kind.

After that throw your cheese on, then your other piece of bread. Get it all toasty and grilled up, then it is done!!

Really good, so that is another new recipe and a home cooked meal for D. I have another meal planned for tonight so let's hope it turns out as well as this one did!!

2 comments: