Thursday, July 8, 2010

June date night!

I know I am way behing in blogging, but please bear with me!!

June 23rd, 2010!

Nothing special at all for this date night…we had just got home from Oklahoma, moved out of our old military housing and into our wonderful new condo in the fabulous Eastlake of Chula Vista, CA!!!

We had already spent our first night there and it was weird sleeping in my own house. I mean, I own it…WEIRD!! Anywho, I had to work that night so we couldn’t do anything to special to commemorate our first official meal in the house, but it was nice nonetheless.

I had on my finest pair of scrubs, freshly washed and still wet hair pulled back in a clippie and D was in his best pair of gym shorts and t-shirt. We were super dressed up if you can’t tell (LOL…). But I made my wonderful chicken pasta that D loves. It is super simple and it is a spin off what my Uncle in Ft. Worth makes.

D grilled some chicken breast that had been lightly seasoned, and I whipped up everything else. Warm, buttery, garlic-y French bread, pan of whole wheat bow tie pasta, fresh chopped basil, and fresh motzarella, cubed and room temperature-ish.

After the chicken was all done up, D brought it in, I sliced it up and threw it in a bowl with some pasta, motza, basil and EVOO, just enough to coat it all. Toss…and DONE!!!

We opened the bottle of wine from our realtor, poured a glass, cheers to us, and plopped down on the couch, surrounded by boxes and chaos. It was such a nice relaxing evening before I had to jet off to work. It was nice to have a little wine and a great pasta dish to go with it. Oh and of course warm toasty bread… :D

1 comment: