Monday, July 12, 2010

You may now kiss the bride....


Happy anniversary to me and the hubs!!! Two amazing years ago we officially became Mr. & Mrs.!!! It was a long road in the making, but lordy was it fun!! It was, if memory serves, about 105 that day with 100% humidity for our outdoor, evening wedding. Yes I am a crazy lady for wanting an outdoor wedding in July...but in my defense it was a 7pm wedding and I figured it would cooler by then!

Wrong!!! Shortly after we kissed and said our "I do's" the heavens opened up and down came the rain. I didn't not freak however. I welcomed the water, as the tear fell from heaven.


You see, today is also D's dad's birthday. He passed 6 years ago in August. It was one heck of an emotional roller coaster. D has asked me to marry him 3 years ago today, and when he asked me he just said he felt like Dad was telling him it was time. And as usual, Dad was right.

I felt the tears also come from my mother who passed 15 years ago. I know she wished she could have been there to do all the mother-daughter wedding planning madness, but I think I did well on my own. I never really got emotional the day of our wedding. The only time cried for her was roughly a month before the wedding, when I went to try on my dress for the last time with all the trimmings. My mom's mom bought my dress and was there with me and I just broke down...in fact I am tearing up as I type this. All these monumental milestones in my life make me think of her. I know I did her proud.

And I know I did my other gma proud as well. She passed shortly after D's dad did. It was another devastating blow that year. She was my father's mother and practically raised me after my mom passed. She never had a daughter and I was the one she wanted. She fought lung cancer for not too long and finally gave in.

So as you can see the rain was more than welcome, because we knew our dearly departed loved ones were watching over us together. And I know they are still with us today. We miss them still more than ever.

Since D is OOT (as usual) and I am working (as usual) we will be celebrating this weekend. No plans yet, but D is wanting to finishing unpacking our house and maybe getting some paint for our bedroom. I am sure we will do dinner, but no plans as of yet. So happy anniversary my love. You are my one, my only, my always.

Forever and always....

1 comment: