Saturday, July 24, 2010

A week full of homemade dinners for D...

Well maybe not quite a whole week, but 4 days in a row is a lot for us without having any sort of left overs. I blogged the other day about making my Dijon chicken club sandwiches and how delish they were. Let me just say that Tuesday night's dinner was not a success.

Eww...is about all I can say. I made this white cheddar chicken pasta (again from Homemade by Holman). I followed the directions, and I was even able to make the rue that was needed for the sauce, but it just never came together. For one, it took me forever to find white cheddar. I had to go to a couple of different stores to find it. I was really excited about this dinner but it was just so bad that I didn't even bother taking pics of it.

I mean it tasted good and stuff, it just never thickened up. The cheese "sauce" was more like a water-y cheese soup that went everywhere. D liked it and all, but I was really disappointed. And it just made such a huge mess in my kitchen. I unfortunately won't be trying this one again.

That was Tuesday night, so Wednesday I was hoping for a little easier time. I made these Creamy Chicken Enchiladas....oh...my....yum!!! I loved it! I didn't take any pictures because I was in a hurry to fix dinner so I could get ready for work, but it turned out exactly like the blog and it was delish!!!

I didn't have the time to cook my chicken in a crockpot like she suggested in the recipe, and quite frankly, who wants to pull out the crockpot when it is so hot outside?? Not me! So I just got a large stock pot and boiled some water in it. I put all the "chicken" spices and what not that it called for, but I obviously upped the water content so that I would boil them. Turned out just perfect. And much quicker too I might add.

I only made enough chicken for about 5 enchiladas instead of 8 like the recipe calls for because I didn't want a huge pile of left overs, but now I am wishing that I did make all of it because it was so good. So for sure I will be trying this recipe again, but with more chicken so I can have left overs... :D

So that is another week of dinners for D and 3 new recipes (although only 1 will count for my 101). Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment