Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Three birds....one date!

So this past week was our anniversary! Yea for weddings!!! D was OOT as usual so we couldn't celebrate until the weekend. Which really was just fine by me since I was also working all week and didn't get off until late every night.

So we decided to try out a new restaraunt for our date night. We didn't want to go to the same restaurants that we always go to...we wanted to try a local place. So we made reservations at a local seafood and steakhouse in La Jolla, CA. I drive by it everyday when I go to work and it looks so nice. It has an outdoor terrace that over looks the ocean. Can't beat that for date night, right?
The restaurant was called Vigilucci's. Yum-o!! Really expensive, but yum! We each got a prime rib, which was incredible, and we split our 2 small sides of a potato and fettacine alfredo. We also shared a bottle of wine. I am not normally a wine person al att, but D wanted to order some since it was our anniversary and all. It was a nice white wine and pretty tasty. Other than saying it was a white, I couldn't begin to tell you anything else than that...oh it was from 2008, does that count? Anywho, we had a wonderful dinner at sunset looking out at the ocean and then split an incredible chocolate lava cake and vanilla gelato. Then we took a walk to the ocean and just sat and talked for a while. It was nice to be one a fancy date and just be able to take our time eating and doing whatever.

After the dinner, we moved on to see a movie. We went and saw the new Leo movie, Inception. It was pretty good. You definately had to pay attention to the movie or you would miss a part. I guess it was good, but I wans't blown away like most people seem to be. Like it wasn't just incredible that I am raving about it to all my friends. Good and very well done, yes, but just okay.

That in a nutshell was out fabulous date night/movie time/ new resaraunt that we did all for our anniversary!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that after your date nights you get to walk on the beach.

    ReplyDelete