Monday, March 8, 2010

My new list of goals...

So I was looking at some friends blog from The Nest, and I saw how she made a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. Talk about a great idea!! I just finished my list and I feel pretty awesome about it. It is full of lots of random little things. From the serious stuff....starting a family anf buying a house. To the silly stuff...painting a wall in my house red and learning how to snow board. Today will be my official start and the end date will be May 24th, 2012. That includes the leap day in 2012.
On to other news...one of my good friends from back home will be coming to visit in 3 days! I am so excited! She will be the first one of my friends to come visit since we have been here. One of D's friends came and visited a few months back, but it will be nice to have one of my friends here. Hopefully the weather will cooperate while she is here so we can enjoy the sights of San Diego. So far we are planning to go to Seal Beach the day she gets here and walk around downtown La Jolla (compared to the Rodeo drive of San Diego). Then Friday we are going to the SD Zoo...it was totally awesome! And so far on Saturday we plan on going kayaking in the La Jolla Coves in the Pacific Ocean. Then she leaves Sunday... :( But I am so excited! It is going to be a blast.
Well D left again today for an unknown amount of time. He left last Monday and was supposed to be gone for 3 weeks, but came home Tuesday night and left the next morning, then came home Friday night and left again this morning. He doesn't know when he will be home this time. It kind of sucks...no really sucks....that he keeps leaving. When we moved here he was supposed to be here for 3 years and not leave. And now that we are here we find out he will come and go every 3 weeks. So much for shore duty...
But the good thing is, is that he will be home in time for us to go on his surprise birthday trip!! I told him we were going to Big Bear to go skiing and he totally bought it! I can't wait to see his face when I tell him we are really going to Vegas the night before we leave. I have never been and I am so super excited about it.
I kind of fell off the band wagon this week with my INSANITY work-out...with D coming and going and working 12 hour days all week, I was just so tired. I did pretty decent with WW though. I lost 2 pounds, but I don't know if that was from AF leaving or because of working-out and WW. But heck...it is 2 pounds and I will take it!
Saturday night I did HORRIBLE with WW....really all day Saturday. I went to a baby shower of a friend and ugh...damn DQ ice cream cake. I kept to the fruit and veggies most of the time I was there. Had a few chips and a cookie or 2. Not horrible because I was trying to be really good. Well that damn DQ cake was 11 points for 1 piece!! I tried to make it a small piece, but I didn't know what was considered a small piece so I went a head a counted it as a regular size piece. But boy howdy was it good!! Chocolate ice cream with a layer of fudge and cookie crumbs layered with more vanilla ice cream on top. I am really gonna pay for that I have a feeling! Then we went out to dinner with a guy D works with. I had a salad but I had too much coke to drink and that is just bad.
But this is a new week and I AM going to do better. Even though I have a friend coming into town.
Sunday, we went and took a look at the house I picked out for us to buy. D was really pleased with it. It is a 3 story townhouse in a quite little area. It is in a nice area of Chula Vista which is just south of SD. Good schools and nicer homes than most of SD. We are hoping that we can move forward with it pretty soon. It is a short sale house, but it has already been assigned to a negotiator with the bank so we are hoping that it will go quickly. The agent for the sellers is really aggressive so I am hoping with her on it, it will push the bank to get them to move forward. I hope we can get it before the home buyers money is gone so we can still qualify.
Well I am going to jump of the computer know...I am the normal wifey duties to take care of. Even though D is gone, I think I should still work on the laundry and dishes! :D

1 comment:

  1. Looks good my friend! You can do it. Number 36. The closest is in another state? Holy moly that sucks.

    ReplyDelete