Wednesday, March 31, 2010

One month down...

Well tomorrow will officially be my first full month on WW. I must say I am very pleased. I don't feel like my clothes fit much differently (well maybe my scrub pants are a little looser on my softball player thighs as D refers to them...even though I was a ballerina and not a softball player), but the scale certainly does show...

I so love seeing the scale change. No way in he!! am I going to post my weight at any time though. For as short as I am, I always sound obese by most standards, even according to my doctor. I hate that about being short and being muscular. The scale never shows you are made of muscle. Not to say I don't have some chunk, because Lord knows I do.

I am a total freak and weigh myself almost daily. I know you shouldn't so you can see a real change, but I can't help it. When I have a really good day, I just have to see it! I sometimes even go home at the end of the day and jump on the scale! Which is a big no-no since you usually weigh more at the end of the day...too bad! As of this morning I am down almost 8 pounds in a month. I am pretty proud of myself. I have always struggled with my weight, other than a few year stint in high school of not eating. I am a big fan of food...especially down home southern cooking and baking. I just can't get enough. But all-be-damned...I can actually control myself on this "diet".

I hate saying I am on a diet because I feel like it is such a negative word. Diets never work for me because I don't ever feel enough pressure to do them right. Maybe this is the point in my life where I realize, I need to grow up and take better care of my body. D and I are both trying to watch what we eat, and he has even lost almost 10 lbs as well.

Every week he asks what my weight is and I gladly tell him because I know it is coming down. D knew me at my skinniest (105 lbs when I graduated) and he knows me now, which is close to my heaviest. He says how good I am doing and it means so much to hear that he is behind me 110% on this. The other night I made some baked bbq chicken and some Velveeta shells and cheese. I knew the mac would be high in points and lord have mercy! 8 or 9 points per 1 serving...that's 1 cup! After I told him how many points it was, he said, "Well, you can't eat that any more...I guess we shouldn't buy that one." He is so "into" knowing how many points I have had for the day, how many I have left...he even reminds me not to drink my points (ie. Dr. Pepper, my secret lover....).

So I am almost halfway to my goal weight. I would like to lose a total of 20 to 25. If I lost 25, it would put me looking thin but being nowhere near as skinny as I was in HS. Which is good because I am just too wide hip/shouldered to be that thin...I look like a bobble head doll!

So here is to being, let's say 1/3 the way done!! Yea to me!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go sister! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! 8 pounds in one month is fabulous. We're trying to eat healthier, not just counting calories (or points) but paying attention to those calories we do eat and making them count. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete