Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New recipe...check!

So last night I was reading yet another friend's blog...thanks Dani! She had tried this smoothie called a Green Monster. It totally sounded questionable...honestly. I thought she was totally lying when she tried it. I put it in my WW tracker recipe thingy and it calculated up to 5 points.

Any who...here it is:
Green Monster Smoothie-
2-3 cups spinach (I used 2 cups of organic baby spinach) WW 0 points
1 to 1 1/4 cups of milk (I used 1 cup FAT FREE...I know some people think fat free milk is like water, but I hate milk...so gross!!) WW 2 points for 1 cup
1 whole banana WW 2 points for 1
1/2 blueberries (I used frozen to give it more of a slushie texture) WW 0.5 points for 1/2 cup
ice cubes
Total WW points according to WW recipe builder is 5 points.


All of my ingredients!

Layer all ingredients in this order: Spinach, sliced banana, blueberries, milk.

Then blend until smooth. After blended add 5 to 6 ice cubes.

Blend again until smooth!

Viola! Completed smoothie! Now that is a TON of smoothie!

It tastes like a regular banana smoothie to me. I don't really taste much of the blueberry and none of the spinach. I had about half of it with my breakfast and I am going to have the other part with my lunch. It is pretty filling too! It takes care of a lot of my needed fruits and veggies for the day as well. 2 fruit as well as 2 veggies (because of all the spinach).

Now I also bought some frozen strawberries as well as red raspberries to try with the smoothie as well. I think it will be good. The strawberries come to the same number of points as the blueberries. The raspberries, because they are sweetened are a little more. But hey...I will take it!

Now 5 poitns might be a lot for some people, but if you think about it, 5 points split during the day isn't bad at all. I thought I was going to be able to drink it all, but since I had a wheat english muffin for breakfast, it just wasn't gonna happen!

Again...thanks Dani for the great recipe!

Now...for some INSANITY!!

2 comments:

  1. Dang it, now you too? Fine, I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! I'm going to try strawberry-banana tomorrow bc I can't taste the blueberries at all. Hopefully there will be a difference with the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete